Wednesday, September 5

What's next?

Well the Big tri has past. I spent the last two weeks of training mulling over what I would do next. Lucky for me the day after Matt & I finished the triathlon Toyota gave me the opportunity (which I am taking) to run the New York Marathon. I'm hoping that the tri training will help with some of the really long runs that go into to training for a marathon. My goal is not to be fast, but just to do this event for fun (and reamain injury free!)

for the labor day weekend I put in a 7 mile run on the country roads surrounding LaRue, it was great!
This comming weekend I'm running the Banco Popular half marathon (13.1 miles), the following week will be a Sprint Tri in WI. After this marathon season, perhaps I'll join the Evanston Masters Swim team for the winter season.

We spent the long weekend in LaRue celebrating my father's 60th birthday. Like all good weekends in Ohio, there was an excessive amount of food, drinking, family, friends and pranks. Family from CO and OK flew in, and my nieces 7 and 6 mos from SC arrived. I had a great time teaching little Miss R all the fun of pranking, and showing some of the kids down the street how to TP a house. Perhaps the most important lesson learned from this trip was that fussy 6 month old babies should NEVER EVER be separated from their Mommy for more than 6 hours, and never 48 hours. It's good to be home.

2 comments:

amber said...

geez, woman - what's next? The Olympics?

Anonymous said...

Other Things Megan Did To Her Father: TP'd the inside of the house. Took labels off of the cans. Moved his clothes into different drawers. Decorated (my)car with sayings like "Older Than Dirt." Put an egg in is shoe. She should get the prankster of the year award.

Her Mother