Wednesday, March 1

maybe the end is in sight?

I've had a month without treatment, so that my body can produce the best results possible for the various tests I've had. I feel great, I'm definitely not in the same condition I was in pre treatment, but the best I've been in a while.

Matt & I visited Dr. Chen today. We went in with our expectations very low, we've learned from experience that this maybe the best way to handle doctors. I was expecting to hear that I'd need two more rounds of treatment plus radiation. As things stand right now, Dr. Chen is 'leaning' towards radiation and maybe no more chemo. February's tests indicate no activity in the mass. Yeah!

For the time being more tests are on the books, no chemo is scheduled, and I'll see the docs next week for a better idea of what we may be doing next.

It's great to think that maybe the end of this is all much nearer than I've imagined! Even better to think of getting on with life!

6 comments:

amber said...

Whooo-hooo! Congrats, Meg--I am SO happy to hear that.

Got your stuff in the mail today, thanks so much.

CAN'T WAIT to see you next weekend! 7 days :0)

Anonymous said...

Meg!!
this is exciting news! no activity!!! awesome!

hooray!

love
christine

Missy said...

I am so happy to hear that!! I am also happy you got on and bloged (Fianlly) You had until tomarrow and then I was going to call if that didn't work I was going to kidnap Dawn and make her show me where you lived so I could hunt you down!! I am so happy for you bannana girl!!

Heather said...

YEAH!YEAH!YEAH!YEAH!YEAH!YEAH!YEAH!

I'm so glad to hear your GREAT news!

the muse said...

Woo-Hoo! This is fabulous news!!

Look at you... kicking cancer's ass... you are amazing!

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan and Matt Too,

We loved the pics of Matt! The news about your cancer sounds promising. I'm sure your positive attitude has lots to do with it!

Love you lots,

Margaret and Steve