Tuesday, November 7

Enough!

I LOVE this apartment.

It's huge, it's close to the lake, close to various forms of public transit, amazing diversity, and the A-man & T-dog are less than a ten-minute walk away. But I would pass this all up to get rid of my college-aged neighbors. I have no desire to relive dorm life every evening from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. No Thank You!
Really, is it necessary to have band practice at midnight under my bed? Or to hear the others come home from the bar at 4 a.m. Then have a knock down drag it our top of your lungs argument, above? Really?
Additionally the one thing that made this apartment do-able was Matt's super cheap amazingly close parking spot. All along we've said it's a blessing, and have said without it we didn't think we could live here. In December our parking spot will become Condo's. Matt will return back to the rat race of circleing for parking every evening after his hour long commute home.

SO, could someone please give me a decent job in Chicago that I don't have to buy a car for? Please!? This way we can stop renting our lovely apartment, with the annoying neighbors above and below us, in the neighborhood that scares friends and family with no parking. maybe then we can finally buy a place, and stop renting.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I am starting to understand your pain. Since I am within stumbling distance of all 3 bars in Ada, I hear all the lovely things that people have to yell at 2:30 in the morning. I think I even learned a new cuss word the other night and that is saying something. However, back to you.... this too will end and you will look back at this apartment with fond memories when you are old and grey and can't remember what you had for lunch. Things will look up. Promise.

Heather said...

Oh, the woes of apartment living. I can't sympathize with the no parking, but I can sympathize with the desire to own a place -preferably one with a garage so my husband wouldn't feel compelled to work on very dirty and space-consuming projects IN THE FREAKING LIVING ROOM!

Sorry. This was your space to vent. I kinda just jumped on the bandwagon. =)

I hope something great - the most perfect job - comes your way soon. And I hope Matt doesn't become circularly challenged due to driving in squares to find parking.

amber said...

yeah, the peanut butter sandwich probably wouldn't be a good idea in this case.

waiting so long for a job is no fun. I hope something great comes along very soon!