Sunday, January 21

Job Interview

I have a job interview tomorrow at the Museum of Science and Industry; the position would be the Coordinator of Membership and Community Affairs. I’d be a go- between the Membership and Community Affairs departments, problem solving, event planning (fund raisers, trips for members, and assisting with board meetings), publication reading and writing. The tasks are a great mix of all the skills I’ve honed in the last several years, and a great chance to get my foot in the door in the Museum circuit of Chicago!

My temp gig is going well, but it’d be nice to be in a place with a little more security (not to mention benefits)!

So Nine A.M.- Noon, Monday send some good vibrations my way, or just cross your fingers!

It’s taken most of the folks I went to school with about six months to find a ‘real’ position after graduation—my six months is nearing a close, so I should be due to land something, but one never can tell.

Thanks gang!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a cool job! I hope your interview went well.=)

Laura said...

Sounds like a great experience! I hope that you get it!!! My fingers are crossed and then some!
~Laura

Meg said...

I interviewed with the three people I'd be working most closely with. I'd be doing a good chunk of the communications that goes along with a gala and a ball! The interviews all went well. At the end of the second out of three I was told I was probably over qualified and should apply for another postion that just opened. During the third interveiw after asking what the timeline they have for filling the postion, the after a lenghty response she said that they were moving quickly because they wanted people like me before they get scooped up by someone else!

We shall see. Stay tuned.

amber said...

sounds very very positive! Best wishes!