Sunday, November 11

The start-

Hey Folks!~
It's been a week and I am still on a marathon HIGH from last weekend. I borrowed an idea from a friend I ran Chicago with last year, I took a disposable camera with me and got photos of each mile marker. Taking pictures kept me focused on just making it to the next mile marker, rather than the 25.2 miles to the finish line.
There are interesting things I captured from the first three / fifths of the race:



Mile 1. Verazanno-Narows Bridge, worlds largest suspension bridge. Burrow 1. Staten Island, the pre-start line hang out.


Mile 2. Welcome to burrow two, Brooklyn!

Posted by Picasa


Mile three, and Jen the woman I started the race with.

KEEP SCROLLING DOWN-
TO GET ALL THE PICTURES UP I HAD TO POST MULTIPLE TIMES.

2 comments:

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

Hey:

Great photos!

I have a blog on blogger too...
I'll send you the link.

It was great to run in to you (literally) during the event. I was struggling a lot through that race but still had a great time and I'd definitely do NY again.

Maybe I'll see you at Danskin next year, or come up to Minneapolis and do LifeTime Fitness Tri.

They have a spring and an Olympic distance -- great clean lake to swim in, relatively flat bike; nice run, terrific crowds.

I've done the sprint distance once and Olympic twice....will do Olympic again in 2008.

Let me know if you are interested!

the muse said...

Great pictures Megs!