Wednesday, May 17

I'm glad i'm not a giraffe

Hey guys! TOMORROW IS MY LAST RADIATION TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!

Over all it hasn't been nearly as awful as chemo was, but it certainly isn't all too much fun. I've mentioned in the past that it's a drag to get over to the hospital daily, but as treatment as gone on the effects are begining to surface. The area that is being treated is from middle of my neck and throat to the bottom of my rib cage, and while most of this area feels normal over the weekend I developed a wicked mean sore throat.

Monday and Tuesday it's been a challenge to suck down water. When I mentioned this to all the medical professionals in Radiation i got a couple of high powered Rx's that will take the edge off, and provide for some good naps. This feeling is remincent of having my tonsils taken out, a sore acheyness that doesn't fade, like two scratchy velcro balls rubbing against each other. Even thought tomorrow is the last treatment, I can count on the side effects sticking around for another week or so afterward- gross.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I know you're supposed to be watching your sugar and caffeine intake and all, but let me tell you that the two best things on Earth for a sore throat are: McDonald's Vanilla Milkshake (there's GOT to be some drug in there because it works better than cough drops) and hot tea with honey in it. I highly recommend these unusual prescriptions. =)

Laura said...

Yeah for you ~ your baked potato days are over! You can do the 'deshi thing of drinking warm water or gargling with warm water and salt. Take care and enjoy the good drugs.

Missy said...

Drugs are all good, but have you tried som pepermint tea? It's very chic right now and has the added benifit of makeing your throat Happy!! I'm so proud of you babe, I'm not sure I could have handled all of this with nearly the class you have. Love you Megs!!