Monday, May 1

Thoughts on Radiation-- or sympathy for a baked potato

On par for the medical system, I was supposed to start radiation today, but because a scan they took 2 weeks ago didn’t exactly line up with the scan they took today. So the scar / mass / tumor / did not get nuked today, but maybe Wednesday.


Instead they marked me up like a frog about to be dissected by 8th graders. Seriously – no cool tattoos, but a sharpie marker and some clear stickers from my upper chest to the bottom of my rib cage. With the warning not to ‘scrub too hard’ when showering.


If you gave me a much-needed hat this winter, this week I was able to pass on the blessing to other folks who are experiencing involuntary molting! Thank You!

5 comments:

Missy said...

OK so you didn't get a cool tatoo, but think of all the fun Matt can have following the lovly trail!!!

Laura said...

Did they at least do the markings in multicolored sharpies or were you stuck in black? Have you moved onto sunhats yet? Or are you baseball cap sort of gal? Let me know... I'm in a hat shopping sort of mood.

Meg said...

I have BIG black marks down my chest and red smaller marks on my sides.. i feel a little like a treasure map.

Heather said...

At least you didn't get poked full of holes for pressure release like a baked potato! =)

Andrew said...

Keep your ching up- I am praying for you every day. I can't wait until all of this settles down and we can have a nice long talk over a cup of hot tea!