Sunday, December 3

What a weekend

It's been a bit of a whirlwind weekend here.
Friday we got snow (in case you didn’t see the news), about a foot-- kindly when I got up at 5 a.m. to see the lightning with snow combo-- Matt let me take the car to work.. I was a dummy and drove in that mess, but made it with only nearly hitting a pedestrian. That evening we threw an impromptu Christmas party, where all who were invited were then forced to decorate our apartment for Christmas. While they did a great job, there is something about Christmas lights lining the ceiling of a room that reminds me of my days living in dorms.

Saturday, Matt made pancakes and then went to work to make cookies with Jr Highers. I stayed home, went on a run, helped Andrew buy a tree, purchased the most pathetic x-mas tree ever, made calzones for this weeks lunch, and to top it all off went to the Chicago Movie Club (or my friend Shane's "Secret Movie Club"). The Club was celebrating the birthday of Woody Allen. Good times!

Sunday, Church, lunch at the pastor's house (yikes!), train back to ‘civilization,’ then decorating Andrew's tree with Kurt.

I'm so glad the weekends keep me busy because my weekdays could lull someone into a comma.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a ton of fun! You have to decide whether or not to take down the Christmas lights in the dining room after Christmas. This could be a salute to your roots or those fond memories of college. ahhh... those were the days... when you decorated odds and ends.... hey! that's how i'm decorating now! Some things never change.