Tuesday, May 29

the Tuesday after a Long weekend,

OUCH! it is hard to be at work. It's actually harder to do work at work. My eyelids are struggleing to stay open. Memorial Day weekend was a good time, great to see old friends, make new ones, and build stronger relationships with everyone in between. Propsective Chicagoians came to veiw the many possible places to live in this 'city of nieghborhoods.' I was floored by how graciously hospitable fellow chicagoians are! Now all the prospective residences have to figure out is where they'll find jobs (best of luck, and hopefully we'll see you in the 'hood soon).

We spent an evening with a cousin of Matt's. I had a great time, we went to more bars than I recall, and we were taunted by a Nunn.

somewhere in the middle of all that I was one of the thousands of bikers who took over Lake Shore Drive this weekend, and rode darn near close to 40 miles on my bicycle - just to claim for a couple hours a major chicago road for bikes! We skipped a BBQ we really wanted to go to, then talked Andrew into hosting one at the very last minute. And got some minor house projects done.

Summer in Chicago, I wouldn't miss it for the world-- it nearly makes the 6 to 9 months of hibernation and isolation worth it.

No comments: