Thursday, May 31

an admission

I’m going to admit something here for all you blog readers. Nothing too shocking, nothing monumental, but something that can be shameful, and something that everyone is always talking about; I am on a weight loss plan. (Not a diet, a diet would be that I’m a vegetarian, a diet is the food I eat daily, not the food I don’t eat because it’ll make me look chubby).

Yup. I’ve re-enlisted with Weight Watchers way back in February. I was doing WW way back pre-wedding days, and then well suddenly my weight wasn’t my highest priority.
Because I believe that my long-term health is dependent upon being at a lesser body weight- I’m forking over cash to the weight loss industry, to help me.

Thus far I’ve lost 9 pounds (25 more to go). (Weigh in is this evening, lets see how much damage I did with the Memorial day Weekend eat-and-drink-a-pollozia).

Typically I would want not to tell folks I am trying to loose weight. With the hopes that when I see you blog readers, you’d notice my success. BUT I think I just need to ask for your help. I need the accountability of using this space to talk about the struggles of taking this on. Plus I think that the battle of the bulge is something most folks can relate to. Through cancer, and through marathon training I realized that the hardest things I have to do require far more mental energy than physical effort. I believe that this to is a ‘mind game’ and that anything truly worth having is work. Thanks to you guys, this blog has become a space for me to think about how to tackle the hardest things I’ve faced.

So if you will, join me on this journey from size 14 relaxed fit jeans.

2 comments:

the muse said...

Who am I to tell anyone that they can't use their blog to talk about whatever they are struggling with? That would be just plain silly on my part. =)

Congratulations on the 9 pound weight loss, that's wonderful! Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

amber said...

Seriously - that's great. I'm impressed! I was on WW until I got pregnant, but I still try to follow the basic diet plans and plan to officially join again once Baby gets here.