Sunday, March 23

Happy Easter!

Christ is risen!

Last night hubby and I stopped in to a bookstore, where I started looking at training logs for athelets. I love the idea of these books, and when thumbing through I hope to find pearls of wisedom without having to buy the book. One such pearl said to always have two training goals, a speed or PR (personal record) goal, and an endurance goal. While I haven't ever aspired to be fast, I did know what I wanted my next big event to be.

So I bit the bullet tonight and I signed up for my next BIG event. I'll be doing the 'half-extreme' distance because there are copyright infringement rules about calling something a half ironman. Lucky for me it's not until September, because after the way I forked in all sorts of fatty and yummy foods this weekend I'll really be needing to work on the preserve your joints diet I was on.

1 comment:

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

ROCK ON with your September event!

I'll be doing a 1/2 iron (note lower case "i") in August in Iowa.

The distance is a little daunting, but we can do it!