Wednesday, April 5

Chemo is OVER! Radiation around the bend.

Just celebrateing once again that CHEMO IS DONE! According to my oncologist, the cute yoda ish Dr. Chen, it's done enough damage. My lungs are permently scared, I've gained 20 lbs, lost the ability to grow hair for several months, had hair vanish, spent months worrying about every person around me was a germ carrier wtih super nova germs ready to knock out what remained of my immune system, and so much more.

sigh-- IT'S OVER!

Radiation will probably start after Easter. The side effects are minimal compaired to chemo. I'll go to the hospital every weekday, for how ever long the dr's deam apporpriate, treatment should only take a couple minutes (some compare it to an x-ray).

It's good to know that the worst is over and that the end is in sight!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah for you! I knew you could do it!!! Don't worry about the weight... before too long, I am sure that you will be 'heavy slim'. Take care and soon you will be a lab rat no more!

Missy said...

Yippee, Skippy!!! That is great news!!

the muse said...

Megs, what FABULOUS news!! I am so happy to hear that you are almost done with treatment. You are SO kicking cancer's ass - way to go!!

amber said...

AWESOME news--hang in there! I hear radiation is MUCH better than chemo, except you may get tired more easily. But no nausea, no hair loss, and my mom got some funky tattoos out of the whole process ;0) Any tattoos for you?

And Meg, you look fabulous--I am so proud of you.

Thank God that the end is in sight :0)

AnnaMarie said...

Megs- CONGRATS!!!

YOU ROCK!! We knew you could do this!!

*hugs*!