Sunday, April 2

just kicking some ideas around


Sorry to have such a gap in posts recently. There hasn't been a ton to report.

Here’s an idea I’m kicking around: This weekend I completed the Shamrock Shuffle 5k walk, held in downtown Chicago. I signed up to do this month’s ago with the hopes of getting an idea of when other walks or fitness events would be this summer. While I did accomplish my goal of figuring out when other walks are I discovered a group called Team in Training. They train individuals for marathons, or triathlons while those participants raise funds for Lymphoma and Leukemia research. It's been a goal of mine to complete a marathon before I'm 30 (which is growing closer and closer). In order to go through the process I'd need to raise $2000. I'm wondering how receptive all you blog readers would be in sponsoring me as I train for the Chicago Marathon? Here's a link to the organization's website: http://www.teamintraining.org/


Health wise there isn't much to report, I've been returning to my position as a hospital lab rat. My oncologist wants to make sure he can track all of the chemo damage prior to starting radiation. I was hoping for radiation to have started by now, but at this rate I'm predicting it'll start sometime in April and stretch into May (just a guess from me).

There is a month left to this semester. Classes thus far have been a cakewalk, but all the projects for the semester are due this month-- so this next month should prove to be a little more difficult. I'm signing up for two classes this summer, and then I'll be done with graduate school. Any one know of some great job out there?

3 comments:

amber said...

I'll sponsor you -- for sure.
And if I were in Chicagoland, I'd walk with ya for the exercise :0) Our walk by the lake was one of the many highlights of my trip!

Sorry--no job leads...unless you're willing to move back to Canton! (Yeah, right!) But good luck on that!

Keep feelin' better!

Missy said...

I'll do the sponsering thing for sure. If you need someone to practice WALKIMG!! with I'm your girl, but I still don't do the running thing, ever, not in this life time. Hm, do you think I made my point!! Love, Ya Bannana Woman!

Heather said...

I actually looked into doing a walk down in Charleston for the same group this past fall. I just didn't get my act together for that fast enough. So, since I missed out, I'll definitely sponsor you! =)