Sunday, July 16

hot time summer in the city

Sorry it's been soo long, between posts. As par for the course, everything always happens at once. Work is crazy nutty busy, and with only one week of classes (3 more assignments to more precise) standing between me and my MSW things are busy. Plus I firmly believe that there is some kind of link between nice weather in Chicago and me being too busy or otherwise occupied to truly enjoy it. Training for the marathon has definitely been a great way to build some 'outdoors' time in my normally indoors routine (office/bus/apartment/classroom).

This weekend I ran ten miles! My Team in Training Co-horts and I started a 7 a.m. in 85 degree heat. We run in the beautiful park near my apartment that follows the lakeshore. In addition to the heat the lake effect gave us some extra humidity. At the end of the run the temp was pushing low 90's and everyone I was running with was SOAKED in sweat. (I managed to do this in about 2 hours and 20 minutes) One woman looked like she had fallen in the lake her shorts were so sopping wet. By the time I walked myself home after the run, my knees were seriously considering filing for divorce. Luckily some ice, Tylenol, and a shower persuaded my patella to stay put.

It's Sunday now, and I'm attempting to work on the three projects to due this week. But the temp is 95 right now, and my attention span is nearly shot. So perhaps I'll do laundry. . or . . well. . Anything but homework.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee, Meg that sound like me through most of HS. Remember I was on the 4.5 year plan!!!! I would have signed in as a blogger but I couldn't remember my password. I think the heat has effected my mind!!!!!!!