Friday, June 1

The shameful weigh in.

I gained 1.6 this week.

Lesson learned: Even if one does ride their bike 80 miles in a week (Bike the Drive, plus 2 days of bike commuting) that doesn't give me a free pass to eat or drink whatever I want.

I really want to believe that my activity levels are high enough that I can eat whatever I want-- but hell, I believed that even when I was thinking 'Hmm, these pants are snug, I should loose weight.'

So Megan Myth of Weight-loss, proven here for you, even if you work out (a lot) you still can't eat whatever you want.

This week I've got my activity planed, but I don't have my menu together for the week-- I just have a really good idea of what's in my frig. Menu planning tends to happen on the weekend. I'll let you know where I'm at on Monday.

So hopefully the shame of tracking my success and shame here on the blog will help me this week lose my goal of 2 lbs.


I hope that this self improvement stuff is interesting to read, on the bright side I'm posting more so even if it isn't all that interesting, it changes.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Good for you! You have a reasonable goal that you can achieve in a reasonable amount of time. And it is also good that you are changing your lifestyle versus a crash diet. If anyone can do it, you can!

Anonymous said...

Muscle weighs more than fat and it takes up less room. Plus it is healthy.

amber said...

8o miles a week? Of course you're gaining muscle, woman! And muscle does weigh more than fat. Plus, you eat so healthfully. You have NOTHING to be ashamed of, Megs!

I'm sure you'll notice your scales going down very soon!

amber said...

Um... I'm definitely not gaining muscle these days. But I did lose a pound this doctor's visit. All those fruit & veggie cravings - tonight for dinner - spinach & cauliflower. Breakfast was strawberries & pineapple...

Doc says that everything is fine, tho :)