Thursday, July 12

Second Thought City

Training Update:

For training yesterday we swam 1/2 a mile in Lake Michigan. Still on a high from last weekend I thought that this would be just as easy. WRONG.

It was cold. It was really cold. The waves kept pushing me off course, deeper into the lake, and occasionally into other swimmers. To add insult to injured pride, when I got out of the water I was smelly.

After last weekend's adventure, I'm realizing it's a little over a month to the Chicago Tri- and it's double the distance, with a swim in the great lake! Umm, so much for living in the second city, I think I’ll be spending some time in second thought city.

This weekend we're doing a 'min tri' with the team. We'll be getting our wetsuits, too - THANK GOD!

Fundraising Update:

Matt and I are almost two thirds of the way to our fundraising goal! Thanks everyone! Our deadline is quickly approaching. If you've been planning on giving, but haven't done so yet - now is the time!

With your generous donation you'll be earning our un-dieing gratitude, bragging rights, and shared status as a Cancer Ass Kicker.

Please see the Matt & Meg Training link to the right of your screen if you wish to donate online, otherwise shoot me an e-mail.

Thanks!

No comments: