Thursday, July 5

Danskin Sprint Tri Sunday

My first triathlon will be this weekend! I'll be participating in the Chicagoland Danskin Women's Triathlon.

As a novice, I feel like I'm getting treated like a pro!
Let me share just a couple of the perks I've recieved for this event:

- As a cancer survivor I am invited to a race day eve breakfast (free meal, nice).
- On race day I get to join the survivor's start. The second wave of swimmers that starts the race (there should be more than 20 waves).
- Due to all of the things I mentioned above I get a really low race number! It doesn't mean anything, typically the numbers I get for races are typically in the thousands, and for this race I am 56! (Cool, but I recommend getting a low number the easy way, by getting a trainer and working your butt off to become a competor in the sport).
- I was invited to join Team Toyota, beacause of this race. So Saturday I'll do a Toyota Meet & Greet, and pick up all kinds of free stuff too!
- A fellow Team in Training member is letting myself and a friend stay at his condo, 20 minutes from the race for free. Phew, no pricey hotel!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like fun. Have a great time.

Love Mom

Heather said...

Leave 'em in the dirt, girl!

Laura said...

Kick butt and take names! Email a link if there is one, so that we can watch your progress on the net (if possible). You go, girl!!!!

amber said...

Hope it was awesome :)