Monday, July 18

GOOD NEWS!

Matt & I met with the doctor who removed my lymph node today. While he wasn't able to answer all of our questions he did mention that he thought that I have phase two hodgkins. (On the scale of one to four, four being the worst- 2 makes me pretty happy). The doctor believes that I will have about four months of treatment (chemo).

After the apointment we talked with people in billing, and at my insurance company. I have my medical coverage through the University of Illinois in Chicago (the school I have been attending). If I drop my classes once the semester starts, pay student fees, and a 10% of my tution for that semester I will be able to keep my health insurance. In additon to keeping my health insurance, the insurance will cover 100% of my treatment costs. !!!

As I read more and more accounts of cancer survivors and how long they feel crappy before they get a diagnoisis, I feel very blessed to have had this discovered so early. As many of you know I was in a van wreck on a mission trip that led us to discovering a mass in my chest, I know now that the wreck certainly was not an accident. We're blessed because my insurance will cover the costs. We're blesssed because by the end of the week we'll be surrounded by our family and closest friends and celebrate our marriage!

Thanks for your continued prayers!
Megan

2 comments:

amber said...

Yay!
I am SO happy to hear this news, Megan! You have been in our constant thoughts & prayers :0)

Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Love you guys,

amber

Andrew said...

I am so happy to hear the great news!

I just checked weather.com and it looks sunny for the wedding!
Can't wait to celebrate with you on your special day!!

Much love- as always