Monday, October 17

another week.

And so it goes. First treatment of the third session. Almost half way.
As for this session, I managed to wallop my beloved once again in Scrabble-- he is threatening not to play with me anymore. Which is very disappointing, because he's a much better speller than I.

I made brave attempts to get more done this weekend than others when I've had treatment. Including getting a good start on a paper and making it to church on Sunday. Both were efforts that led to much napping / sleeping afterward. While I've mentioned it before, I'm certainly more aware between each session the slow tapping of my physical energy. Lessons I learned long ago like "haukna mattada, pole ploe" certainly do ring true.

In other far more exciting news- Miss. Vay Kay will be officially changing her name to Mrs. McMillen (spelling?) next fall. Lucky Brad surprised the bejesus out of Heather, good for him!~ Odd, when I first met Heather the first thing she told me all about was her dream wedding. A great big ole Southern Ball with bridesmaids in hoop skirts (I believe she promised me pink or yellow). Lucky for me, in the time I've known her Heather's tastes have migrated away from hoop skirts!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Heather Barbara McMullin.

What a lovely name, eh?

amber said...

You are my hero. I couldn't imagine goint through chemo & grad school at the same time. Seriously, you are amazing.

Yay for Heather -- and yay for all six of us getting to see each other two years in a row. Plus, we'll all get to meet April & Darin's new addition :0)

btw - still okay if I come visit sometime in November?

Laura said...

Yeah for you! Hey, sexy momma~ when do we get some new pics? It's been forever since I've seen ya. How's your honey? And the cat?
Take care and be safe in all you do.
~Laura

Andrew said...

I agree with Laura- we need pictures- now that is is cold- you could model a scarf or neat hat!

Meg said...

I need a digital camera before I give you looky lous a view!?