Monday, October 31

Chemo & the White Sox

Admittedly I'm not much of a baseball fan. I did fall asleep for the last two games of the World Series, and occasionally when folks say 'White Sox' I check the color of my socks. BUT when the World Series Champions parade by UIC pre-chemo-- I'll jump on the band wagon. Sure the team blew past us at 35 mph- but how often does that happen? All that excitement pretty well tuckered me out for treatment- which I promptly slept through.

My momma camped out for chemo this weekend. While it may sound exciting to come along -- really it's not that big of a deal. For the on looker, it muyct be very dull as I spend a good deal of the weekend sleeping, and another portion doing typcial Megan weekend stuff, which I suppose could be asmueing to others beside myself.

This visit certainly did set my mother's mind at rest-- while a lot of cancer patients have horror stories of treatment; my treatment is certainly a walk in the park. (for all you looky lous, she brought the digital camera; soon I may be posting photos of all my lovely caps, hats, and a great pair of KNEE SOCKS (Thank you Aunt Ann!!). Other wise I'm pretty pumped with the idea of being done in November, I've got my fingers crossed for one last month!
peace & love-- megs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amber said...

my fingers are crossed for you, too -- for sure ;0)

Anonymous said...

You look great in hats. Here's hoping that the news continues to be great and Thanksgiving will come with no more Chemo Treatments. We think of you lots honey.

Margaret and Steve