Wednesday, October 26

GREAT NEWS!

It's been a great week! First, my white blood cell counts are up so I only had to have on 'booster' shot this week rather than two. Second, I went in for an appointment with my oncologist today. Going on a chest x-ray from a couple weeks ago, the report shows a 'marked shrinkage' in the mass! Which didn't mean all that much to me until he talked about me stopping chemo soon!

The new game plan looks like I'll have a CAT Scan on Friday which will give a much better picture of the mass. From there we'll determine if I can stop soon. But if it looks as good as the x-ray may indicate then after finishing the third and fourth sessions (hello, end of November), I'll take a two week break and have a PET scan to really determine if I'll need the fifth and sixth treatments or not!

9 comments:

amber said...

Yay-yay-yay. I am SO excited for you, Megan! What fantastic news!

Congrats!

Laura said...

YEAH! What wonderful news!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Heather said...

That is FANTASTIC news!

Go on. Kick cancer's ass ALL THE WAY OUTTA HERE!

Anonymous said...

Megan, What wonderful news! I read your blog every week to keep up on it and so glad it is going so well...your cuz

Anonymous said...

Megan, What wonderful news! I read your blog every week to keep up on it and so glad it is going so well...your cuz

Anonymous said...

oops! anonymous... it was your cuz Mel

Andrew said...

Hurray!!!
You're still in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

HOW GREAT, MEG!!!!!

been thinkin' about you and i can't wait to see you on sunday at Jess's!

hugs-christine

the muse said...

HURRAY!! You are SO kicking cancer's ass! Keep up the good work!