Monday, October 23

26.2 I did it!

I kicked asphalt, and here are the photo's to prove it! I ran most of the race with my TNT friends. I did nearly the enitre race with the awesome Sara Cears (pronounced Cheers)! She's a real power house of good energy and can do attitude! Matt, Andrew, & my in-laws had one heck of a day watching the marathon and seeing all sorts of exotic Chicago spots!

I'm not in this photo. I may be a yellow dot in the far off distance-- I crossed the start line 22 minutes after the offical start. It seems as if my other 40,000 closest pals were in a hurry.


Jerry, Andrew, & Kathy enjoying brunch at Orange while I'm slechlping my way through the North side (and the first ten miles).

This is a little before the half way point. There were some really cool folks playing Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" so all the runners I was with were yelling 'Ahh Half Way There.' AWESOME!

This is me at about the 20 / 23 mile marker visiting with veiwers Matt & Kathy. I like this photo because it has the Sears Tower in the background, and the hard working observers with myself.

This was me in the 'bite me' zone. I lost all my runing pals and my right foot was going "What the HELL are you doing to me?!?!" I didn't have the ability to stop and start to say hi, so I waved at the camara and kept going. Note all of the other walkers, this was about the 20 mile mark.

Shortly after the picture above I found Sara in the crowd, and we finished strong together! In fact we divereted from out walk 2 minutes run 3 plan at the end and ran the last mile (which is on an incline) together! She rocks!
Posted by Picasa Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

amber said...

YOU rock! Way to go, Megs - I am SO proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I am totally boggled that I know someone who actually ran a marathon, not only that you did it without whining!!!

I hadto go annonymous, I forgot my password!!!

It's Missy of course :(

Heather said...

You are SO awesome! Way to go! Great commentary, by the way. =)

the muse said...

Megs - you are AWESOME!! Way to go!! I am so proud of you.

Andrew said...

Way to go-
I must say that watching the marathon is an endurance experience as well... not to mention we weren't running to keep warm- we had to layer on the clothes!!! Don't you love my eskimo look in the picture???
You have inspired me to train for 2007!

Anonymous said...

Amazing my friend! You are an inspiration. So, the year isn't over yet! What's next? :)

~Shell

Anonymous said...

Meg,

I'm so proud of you. You BE THE GAL!!! God love ya!

Carole (Dawn's Mom)