Wednesday, October 11

Fall Fun & Alter Boyz!

I had a lovely weekend picking apples with Andrew & the lovely Laura in Michigan. I have more apples I can shake a stick at (see Andrew's blog for some terrific photos!), and thus have made a little less apple butter than I can shake a stick at. Michigan has been a place I've never spent much time, but our time in Coldwater was beautiful, maybe it was the open road, fall air, old friends, apples, margaritas, or the wine tasting but I came home filled with fall goodness.

How does one follow such a lovely weekend? Well, celebrating with even more old friends. I was thrilled and greatly blessed to welcome some LaRue-ites to the big city, as a high school and church play made his debut as a lead in the touring company off Broadway hit of 'Alter Boyz.' A hilarious musical about a catholic boy band! This role was MADE for Ryan, and he steals the show! So my theater buff friends, and my non-theater buff friends you simply MUST see the show, they are in town for three weeks, or you can catch them when they come to your town-- but you simply MUST see it! www.altarholics.com

So now that all that excitement has passed, I’m left with the daunting task of finding employment. (Sigh!) I've become a pro at getting my resume out there, but for every 20 résumé’s I send out I'm getting one 'gee, thanks for sending us this resume. Don't call us we'll call you' note. This finding a job business is not for the light of heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan:
Dean and I have been going to
Coldwater, MI for over 30 years!
Dean's parents have a cottage on
the lake. What a coincidence. So
I know from experience what a
peaceful place it is. Hope you get
to visit again and again.

Heather said...

Ooo, I have envy of the apple picking! I'm definitely in a fall mood, but fall really hasn't hit here yet. It's definitely cooler, but not fall. Apple picking won't be a good idea until the end of the month, and even then I'll have to drive to NC to find some decent orchards.

Send some of that apple butter my way. I love that stuff! I'll send you some good apple recipes in return!