Friday, June 29

corperate sponsor?!

I have been approached to by a car company to be one of 160 a sponsored athletes. This is normally an honor that is reserved for the most elite athletes, not weekend warriors like myself. I won't be getting a big check, fancy car, a personal DJ, or any other really lucrative rewards stars receive, but for every media appearance I would make I'd get paid. I'd need to do 4 tri's this season (by October 31) . In exchange I'd get some free stuff (pricey tri apparel & a little more), plus the honor and privilege of being among the elite (the folks who will readily run over my ass when the start gun is fired).

Is this selling out? Selling my story? I can read the bi-line now, hometown girl on her way to becoming the next Lance Armstrong. All for a moment of glory.
I'd be endorsing is hybrid cars (who's against that!?)
I’m pretty excited by the possibility, and I’m trying to contain my enthusiasm until I can figure out if I'm really up for the challenge.

3 comments:

amber said...

awesome - congrats :)

Heather said...

4 triathalons in about as many months? Wow. If you do it, you deserve to get paid. That's pretty crazy.

Oh, and it's only selling out if you let yourself become all "prima donna" from it. If you accept it gracefully and perhaps even use it to help others, it's not wrong.

Laura said...

Yeah for you! I'm so glad that someone outside of your 'circle' recognizes the great, terrific person that you are! If your body can do it, then go right ahead and reach for that goal. Everyone needs their own particular 'brass ring'.