Wednesday, August 17

back to life

Yesterday Matt and I embarked on another one of our daylong adventures to the hospital. I had a port placed in my chest so that the next time I go in for chemo I don't have to be poked five million times before we find a suitable vein. The port procedure was an out patient surgery, which I was mostly out of it for. The port is on my right side upper chest; I have two new scars that will run parallel with the scar from July's biopsy. I've spent much of the last day or so riding out the painkillers, and working on thank you notes from the wedding (almost done!).

Things are returning to normal here. I go back to working at Starbucks tomorrow (another one of those great 4.45 a.m. shifts), and next week school starts. I've purchased most of the books on line, and I'll be doing my annual school shopping after the professors tell me what I need. In the mean time my laptop will be sent out for a few small repairs. I will no longer be bogging from home as often, but I'll definitely keep on top of things.

All and all chemo treatment 1A wasn't so bad. I was tired and had an upset stomach for several days, most of that wore off after the first three days or so.
Thanks for all the groovy post cards!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah for you! How is normal working out for you? I'm happy that the negative affects wore off somewhat quickly. Take care, Princess.

Heather said...

Can you drink ANYTHING at Starbucks while on chemo? I mean, you took the job not just because it was a job, but for it's perks. (Ha, Ha. I said "perk" about a coffee place). It would be a real shame to have to smell the sensual, intoxicating scents of fresh-brewed lattes and not be able to drink them.

Now that I've thoroughly depressed you, I'm glad you're feeling well enough to go back to work. That is always a good sign.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog. Enjoyed it tremendously.

All the best,

Jon

cheap hosting cheap web hosting .com