Monday, June 11

Snack Attack (+1 lbs)

Okay, so at weigh in on Thursday I was up another pound! The first five pounds I lost I swear melted off, getting to ten has been one uphill climb. Plus so many of the Team in Training coaches and staff LOVE to remind us that when training for an endurance event, it’s not a great time to loose weight; one, because muscle weighs more than fat, two, because you need to eat more to fuel your body for the exercise. So I’m proving all of my coaches’ right, I really can’t seem to loose weight right now.

A good pal recommended taking measurements and monitoring those rather than using a scale—good idea! I just need to find that darn tape. But it was exciting to try on clothes one size smaller this weekend.

I have made a few changes – not only am I packing my lunch everyday, now I’m packing my snacks too. My office snacking is way out of control, so I needed to address it and use those snacks as ways to get more fruit and veggies. So I’ve started combining things like soy cheese sticks with apples, crackers with grapes, a 100-calorie bag of microwave popcorn with pears, my cup of coffee with one measured serving of a high fiber cereal.

Here’s my diet question this week, how do you handle office snack attacks?

In other non-diet related news, Matt is at ASP this week. Lucky for me, old and new friends have gathered around to keep me busy.

3 comments:

amber said...

Office snack attacks? Not good... someone brought in no-bakes today. Bad idea!

But at my healthiest - I did exactly what you're doing & just ate all day long - lowcal microwave popcorn, cauliflower, carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.

Actually, sounds good - that's something I need to resurrect :)

Laura said...

Good call on the measuring tape and not the scales. I don't even own a scale and just know how fat I'm getting by how my clothes fit.
As for the snacking, whatever you do, please don't eat packages of Chocolate Digestive Biscuits. They will inflate your ass like nobody's business. It's not a pretty sight.

Meg said...

Chocolate digestive biscuits. hmm, I think I'd have to travel to East Asia to get some.