Thursday, June 7

yet another nutrition clinic

Yes, Yes, Yes, Muscle weights more, way more, than fat. So I'm not expecting to drop any lbs this week, but my old size 12's have got some extra room, and I'm feeling pretty buff going sleeveless today.

matt and I did, yet another, TNT nutrition clinic for endurance athletes. Things we learned:
1) Eat a rainbow of fruits and veggies every day (that doesn't mean candy).
2) Eat 6 small meals a day to keep metabolism up
3) Drink lots of water, and the week before the event carb up by eating 50 to 80 bananas (that is if you're not a banana-hater like mr. matt).
4) When eating pasta to carbo load the night before the big event, keep in mind that some pastas 'come up' easier than others-- so stick to those! (gross! gross! gross! I, for one, have never hurled while doing endurance sports or enduring chemo-- but for those with weaker tummies this could be something of importance to know).

Mr. Matt is leaving for ASP on Saturday (for his 7th or 8th time)! Send him warm happy thoughts next week, and prayers, I'm sure he and the 40 odd teens and parents with him will need it!

1 comment:

amber said...

You go, girl :

Hmmm...that's a lot of bananas. So many bananas that I'd bet you'd start having dreams about them. Which would be appropriate, since you have banana pjs.