Tuesday, June 26

thanks for warming out house

Wow! What a weekend, it’s Tuesday and I still feel like I’m recovering. It was a whirlwind. Thanks to folks who came out to our open house on Saturday, I had no idea that we could fit so many people into our one bedroom condo. We love entertaining, and Sunday morning I couldn’t help but start thinking of our next significantly smaller shindig. We had a great mix of old friends, new friends, work friends, and special others joining in the fun.

While I’m thrilled we were able to pull of the largest party we've thrown (second to our wedding) in our condo—I am pleased that the event provoked the completion of our bathroom repairs & projects! We now have towel racks, a chair rail, and a toilet paper holder along with some great art! Both Matt and I are really impressed at how well everything turned out. Especially considering every single step of the way we had serioius doubts. The party also forced us to hang art – something that we had done sparingly prior to the event and has really made the space feel homey. Finally, after much work, money, time, and nail biting, I think I’m a little house-proud. (Kitchen, take warning. You’re next!).

Additionally, through the generosity of our friends we have made it to the half- waypoint of fund razing for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training $2000! Whoo Hooo! Thank you everyone!

2 comments:

the muse said...

Megs, I had a great time at your party. Your place looks FABULOUS!

By the way, I've told everyone about the cool t-shirts you're selling as a fund raiser. I can't wait to wear my "Tri a Threesome" shirt out!! LOL

Meg said...

there are a lot more where those came from!